World Map

World Map

Saturday, October 11, 2014

Dublin...

Dublin is a fun and interesting city.  One day is not enough and I will definitely be back.  Yes, it's true that the Guinness is better in Ireland than what gets exported.  Not just a little bit better - a lot better.  Anyone who says different has not had the real stuff in Ireland.  Even the UK gets the pasteurized stuff.  

The Temple Bar area is a hoot.  Lots of pubs, restaurants and street performers.  I know there are other areas more fun, more local etc. but Temple Bar was close to our guest house.  Also we wanted to have dinner at Carlos' restaurant - Acapulco Mexican Reataurant.  I worked with Carlos years ago in Vail and he is now in Dublin as the Chef at Acapulco. I have to say that this was the best restaurant meal we had during the whole three + month trip - really authentic Mexican food.  Thanks again Carlos - hope to see you again sometime soon!

I am here at the Dublin airport at the gate waiting to board my flight to Boston.  I have a 6 hour layover in Boston befor my Denver flight.  Good thing it is Saturday and I can pass the time watching college football.  I get int Denver after 10 pm - no shuttles run up to Vail that late in the offseason.  Thanks in advance to Jason for driving down to pick me up - I think I see a 10 year bottle of Bushmills in your future...thanks buddy! 

Yummy.

The Temple Bar.

Dublin.

The Foggy Dew.

Temple Bar area.

No comments: