World Map

World Map

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Strasbourg, France...

Today we rode to Stasbourg to meet up with my Dad and Sylvia.  The ride int France was through some pretty wine country in southern Germany.  Very steel vineyards going up the hillsides.  Wish I had stopped to take pictures.

Unfortunately we didn't meet up in Strasbourg - not sure what happened but we couldn't connect.  Their Rhine River cruise was to end there today and we were going to meet for lunch.  We waited a couple of hours but never heard word of their arrival.  I had no way of finding them outside email, text and phone and tried all three.  Maybe technical difficulties?  Bummer it would have been cool to meet up in France. 

Strasbourg and the surrounding countryside is very beautiful.  We passed a couple of castles as we headed south towards Switzerland.  We found a campground about 20 km outside  Lucerne, Switzerland.  I am excited to see Lucerne and the lake as this will be the only place on this side of the world that will be a repeat for me on the trip.  I visited Lucerne when I was 16 on a high school trip to Germany and Switzerland 33 years ago.  Will be cool to see if it is as I remember - it was the first real mountains I had ever experienced and the highlight of the trip for me.  

After Lucerne we will cross the Alps and int Italy - should be an epic ride.  I hope the weather cooperates as we will cross 7000+ foot passes - pretty high up on this side of the pond this late in the year. 

Strasbourg pics...





No comments: