World Map

World Map

Friday, September 26, 2014

New Shoes...

I After an espresso doppio pre-breakfast and cappuccino + apricot croissant + custard filled donut breakfast I paused for a couple of hours before a margherita pizza lunch.  The food is really good in Italy.  I would have capped off lunch with a Gelato since there was a stand right next to the lunch spot, but I had a 2:30 appointment to get new tires on the bike.  The set currently on the bike has over 17,000 km so it's time.  This will make the third set of tires for the trip - and the last. 

I am sitting here now at the shop and it's 3pm and still don't have my bike in the bay for service - a little disappointing as I raced across town to arrive right on time. 

I am riding to Venice right after I get the new tires and it's going to be at least a 3 hour ride - and I don't want to arrive in the dark.  I will explore Venice on Saturday as I have a campground picked out only 10 minutes from the city.  After spending the morning in Venice my plan is to ride through a piece of Slovania and into Croatia - then 500 km back to Milan to rejoin Ken and Marybeth Sunday afternoon.  Sounds all good on paper - we will see how it goes.  Ok, good - 3:10 and the bike just went on the lift.  I may be able to keep my planned schedule...

French shoes (Michelin's) put on a German bike by an Italian tech. 

No comments: